Friday, January 3, 2014

A Mother Warrior Training with Navy SEALS.

Bear with me while I navigate the realms of blogging.  I enjoy a good blog as well as the next modern person but frankly never thought I would embark on this sort of narrative.  I am here doing this in respect to the many folks I have written to over the last several years as a Crossfit Coach, SEALFIT intern, Mother, and Enthusiast of forging an outstanding life.  I am a single mother in Southern California who receives very little help from my children's father.  I also lack family nearby to assist me, but please don't pity me.  I am here to tell you how I am living to the highest, happiest level possible.  I do not deserve congratulations or expect accolades for performing the duties I set before myself either. To pity a mother is to pity a billionaire in my opinion.  I simply want to help any mom or dad out there with some of the techniques I have discovered , practiced, and have found highly successful .

So why blog now?  In August 2013, I became the 11th woman in the World to graduate through KOKORO 29, SEALFIT's civilian simulation of the Navy SEALS Hellweek.  If you plan to see "Lone Survivor", you will see an opening sequence that is actual Navy footage of the real Hellweek .  My experiance completely changed my life, completed a deep life affirming awareness that has left me full of a KOKORO spirit  that I want to share with anyone who wants to listen. I wish to
help anyone who needs direction, wants to better themselves on a deeper level, and craves to get in touch with their inner WARRIOR!
My, beyond amazing, boss SEAL Commander Mark Divine, had one of his books published this week.  WAY OF THE SEAL.  He asked me to contribute a section of my daily scheduling to his publication.  His book is number 5 on the Wall Street Journals today.  He has taught me so much and is my main source of inspiration for writing this blog. 

My next several Blogs will not be of this nature but more instructional on what to eat , things to focus on, ways to save time, and mostly take care of yourself and family.

I hope you enjoy.


3 comments:

  1. "To pity a mother is to pity a billionaire " Love you Melanie Sliwka!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So looking forward to learn from you! xxoo

    ReplyDelete